When your foundation runs out and you’ve watch at least 90 you tube videos on different foundations and the one that everyone talked about and gave rave reviews on you go and purchase it. Everyone was talking about the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I’ve researched it for about 30 minutes before I went to Sephora, and I got mixed reviews, so I went to the store to see for myself. The beauty consultant took some of my makeup off and applied a moisturizer (because it helps the foundation go on better and lasts longer) and then applied two different foundations on each side of my face. The Sheer Glow and the All Day Luminous Weightless foundation — because I was unsure of which was going to give me the most coverage and if it would look natural on me.
After looking a couple mirrors and letting it set for a while. I decided to go with the Sheer Glow. It didn’t have as much of a “glow” to it and it was very light on my face and it blended well with my skin tone.
The All luminous weightless was light as well, but it gave me a more airbrushed look instead of a natural, no makeup on type look. It was preferred that you put it on with your finger tips, which I’m not a fan of.
The Beauty Consultant tried to get to me get the moisturizer that she used, but I wasn’t too sure about paying $42.00 for a moisturizer that I had never heard anything about (I research a lot of products before I buy them) and the fact that the smallest jar they had was $42.00.
I headed to Ulta and talked to a sales rep there and she recommended the Mario Badescu Skin Care line. This line you don’t hear to much about and the branding isn’t all that fancy. The one thing I knew about it before purchasing was that the drying lotion (you put in on your pimple and it dries it over night).
NOTE: My skin normal so I’ve always thought that I didn’t need any products.
She said that it was very light weight (it is) and that it was just a hydrating moisturizer that had an essential vitamin in it — Vitamin C. It also great for normal skin, per the Sales Rep. Since I’m getting older, I figured that I should listen and take into consideration using the moisturizer.
NOTE: you can go online and a questionnaire and they (Mario Badescu Company) will send you samples, based off the results from the questionnaire.
So this is how my 2 day experience with my recent beauty products.
- There was no pump in the foundation — I specifically asked for a pump
- Still very light weight
- You have to work the product in rather quickly because it dries pretty quick and you only need a little bit of the foundation
- I was hesitant about using a small nickle size of foundation.
- My face was pretty shiny in the lighting in my bathroom — i thought it just needed to settle and i just needed to put my finishing powder on it.
- As the day went on I rubbed my hand across my face and the makeup was on my hand (which is part of the reason I didn’t want the Luminous Foundation — it gets on all my papers and clothes)
- Went to the restroom and looked in the mirror and my face was shiny and orange looking.
- I hurried and washed my face soon as i got home because It was starting to itch
- I used the moisturizer before bed and it make my feel refreshed — same as it had did that morning.
- Moisturized with the Mario Badescu (still makes my face feel refreshed and it feels like you didn’t put anything on it at all)
- used a smaller amount of the Sheer Glow Foundation
- It wasn’t as shiny that morning under my bathroom light
- First bathroom check — my face wasn’t as shiny
- When my face started to itch I used a Kleenex to dab my face (gently) and the product would just rub off as if I just put it on.
- Went to the gym and the makeup seemed to stay in place through all my sweating, but I resisted wiping my face because I knew the product rubbed off easily
- Moisturizer is starting to my favorite product.
Mario Badescu — I’ll be keeping this and using it for a while. I’ve also requested my regimen sample so I can see how all the products work on my skin.
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation — I’m returning it because it doesn’t give me the coverage that I normally have and the product rubs off to easily which makes a mess. I have felt very uncomfortable while wearing it. Also, I’m still very upset that the Beauty Consultant gave me the foundation without the pump.