A few weekends ago I had my makeup done at a local beautiful store (Pout) that provides luxury and affordable makeup products. Christi was my makeup artist for the day. When I scheduled the appointment I did ask that she use Smashbox products because y’all know I live by them and their products. During the application she asked me if I wanted to try a different concealer – hesitant but always willing to try something once I went for it. After the process I decided to purchase the concealer that she used – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer just to see how it holds up compared to the Smashbox Studio Skin 24 hour Waterproof Concealer. I’ve only been using the NARS for two weeks, but it’s a contender in becoming one of my go to products. So continue reading to see what I’ve come up with for both products.
- I’ve been getting amazing coverage (covers my dark circles) using it and you don’t have to use a setting powder on it, because it’s already formulated for it.
- If you have dry skin and it’s dehydrated then it may look cakey and/or flake under the eye.
- Works best if applied with a beauty blender.
- Also works well on blemishes
- Shade matches foundation almost perfectly
- Not much product is needed
- Last all day
- Light weight and gives full coverage – you will have to use a setting powder with it.
- Blends well with either a beauty blender or a brush
- Not much product is needed – four to five dots under each eye is enough
- Shade is a little lighter than I would prefer, but it’s great for contouring and highlighting
- Isn’t waterproof – I’ve cried and it’s ran and came off easily, but other than it lasts all day
As you can see they both are very similar and you can’t go wrong with either product. Hope this helps my ladies that want a new concealer and those that just need a change.