It has been 3 months since I started back on my blogging journey. Time really does fly when you are having fun! It hasn’t been the easiest three months but it’s been a learning experience for me. With everything there will good and bad things that happen.
- I’ve talked to several family members, friends and new followers that tell me how much they appreciate how real and raw my blog is. They can relate to so many of the things that I talk about and things that I go through. This makes me excited for things that I have coming up and the direction that I want to take my blog to.
- I’m figuring out how to manage my time even more. Time management in blogging (as in school, career, daily life) is very important. I haven’t been posting the way I intended and the way I started out, but I felt that it was a little overwhelming for myself and for my followers. But the sporadic and passionate post that I have been doing have been getting great reviews.
- I’m figuring out as I go what material my readers really like and don’t like. I want to keep my readers coming back for more and being a valuable resource to them.
- Sometimes I think that my passion for blogging would disappear or ease off with everything that was going on but it has grown more and more each day. I’m excited for the future of my blog and all the content that I have swirling around in my head.
- Dealing with things in my personal life has taken an emotional toll on me and it is reflected in my blog. I do want to keep some things safe between me and my close friends and family – so figuring out what to share and what not to share has been a struggle.
- I’ve read a lot about how branding for your blog is so important. I know this all too well but I’m torn between wanting to turn this blog into something that could flourish as a career and something that I’m doing to help others. I do want to do some branding and marketing but I want to make sure I’m doing it in a way that fits where I’m taking ForeverShauni. I do know that I want my brand to reflect who I am as a person and I don’t want to change or “pretend” to be one way on the web and another in real life – I’ve seen this way too much!
- Lack of social media – if you ask anyone they will tell you that my phone is glued to my hand 90 percent of the time. I’ve found it rather hard and over barring when I see other bloggers posting over and over and over again. I know that social media is an outlet that increases attention to your blog and gets your message out there. This is part of the territory of being a blogger. I do want to make my presence known and this is something that I am working on. So don’t be surprised when you start seeing me on your feed 3 and 4 times a week.
As for my personal goals that I shared from day one – they are a working progress. Physically I’m down 15
10 lbs and fitting into a smaller 2 jean sizes smaller than before (this is an upcoming blog post – stay tuned to find out how I’ve lost the weight without even really trying). Mentally I am in a better place where I catch myself smiling and thinking about the bigger picture of things instead of what’s happening in the moment. Spiritually, I’m still working on my relationship with God – I know that everything that’s going on right now, good and/or bad is because he’s within me and leading me down the path that he has set for me.